ABOUT THE COLLEGE
Women's Polytechnic was established as the first Institute of its kind for promoting technical education to the women of
Tripura. Women's Polytechnic was established in the year 2003 with the pioneering branch of Information Technology (IT),
approaved by AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education) and affiliated to WBSCTE (West Bengal State Council of Technical Education),
Kolkata, in the premises of Polytechnic Institute (now Tripura Institute of Technology), Narsingarh, Agartala, Tripura(West).
In 2004, two additional new branches, namely, Medical Lab Technology (MLT) and Fashion Technology (FT) were incorporated.
The Institute in its new campus has been formally inaugurated by the Hon'ble Chief Ministerof Tripura, Shri Manik Sarkar,
on the 29th of January, 2007.At present the college is affiliated to the Tripura University (A Central University) and
offers four courses with an intake capacity of a hundred students per year.
Women's Polytechnic is located at a distance of about 1(one) km from Amtali Bazar towards the west.
It is about 9(nine) km approximately far from the capital city Agartala. It is a semi urban area.
The institute is spread over an area of 8(eight) acre land, encircled by green belt.
- To provide access to girl students to pursue 3 years Technical Diploma Engineering course in IT, CST, MLT, FT branches.
- To fulfill the growing need for Women Empowerment partially in the fields of Technical Education and provide suitable
employment for women in government sectors and privete sectors and in society in general identified areas.
- To cater to the need of Technical Vocational Education and Training for women in emerging areas.
Information for Admission
- An applicant must be a bonafide woman citizen of India and permanent resident of Tripura.
- The applicant must passed the Madhyamik Examination or equivalent from a recognised board in one attempt.
- The applicant should be within 21 years of age on the 1st January of the respective year of admission.
- Seats are reserved for SC, ST & Ex-Servicemen as per the norms of Government of Tripura.
- Selection shall be strictly according to merit. General candidates securing less than 50% marks, SC candidates less than 45%
marks and ST candidates less than 40% marks in aggregate in English, Mathematics and Physical Science in Madhyamik Examination
or its equivalent from a recognised board will not be eligible to apply.
- Aspirant candidates for diploma in Medical Lab Technology(MLT), the marks secured in Life Science will also be taken
into consideration along with Math, English and Physical Science.
- A good sense of art and creative work is a desirable qualification for the aspirants of Fashion Technology(FT).
- The candidates need to satisfy the minimum physical standards required for pursuing a technical course and must pass the medical
examination to be conducted by the Registered Medical Officer and a certificate is to be obtained in the prescribed format.
The following charges are to be paid at the time of admission.
- Admission Fee=Rs 1.00;
- Tution Fee for an academic year=Rs 50.00
- Caution Money Deposit=Rs 100.00;
- Games & Sports, Cultural Affairs & Industrial Development fund=Rs 50.00;
- Student Union Fee=Rs 50.00;
- Registration Fee=Rs 100.00;
- Internal Examination Fee=Rs 75.00;
- Session charge=Rs 125.00
Total Fee=Rs 551.00 (Rupees Five Hundred and Fifty-one only)
* For SC & ST candidates the amount payable is Rs 501.00 (Rupees Five Hundred and One only).
- Students must attend atleast 75% of the theoretical and sessional classes and satisfactorily complete the practical and sessional
works prescribed for the course of study during academic session and obtain atleast 50% marks to be eligible for appearing at the Semester Examination.
- A student continuouosly absenting herself from the class for more than 15(fifteen) days without intimation is liable to be removed from the class enrollment register.
- If a student's record is found unsatisfactory within 6(six) months of her joining the institute, she will not be permitted to continue under any circumstances. Lack
of progress in subsequent years and also in gross indiscipline etc. will entail one to be removed from rolls, if considered necessary.
- Students shall not leave institution class room without specific permission.
- Ragging of any kind is strictly prohibited. According to the new POLICY of Govt. of Tripura, students involved in ragging or tending to conceal such activities will strictly dealt with.
- Students should be properly dressed and no loose garment is allowed in the interest of safety for attending practical classes, workshop and outdoor activities.
- Apart from the above, rules related to examination, library and those of the institution, etc. are binding on the students. Violation of any of the rules will be of no excuse.
Students not behaving properly according to the rules shall be liable to disciplinary action.